When it come to organising your special day, it’s a given that you’ll have many, many things on your plate to deal with. Whether it’s 2 weeks til the wedding, 2 months (or even 2 years), there will always be an extensive list of things that need to be organised, checked and booked for your wedding day.
Every single component of your wedding day will have some sort of effect on how the entire day plays out. Bridesmaid’s dresses not properly fitted? One of your bridal party members might have a little trip down the aisle. Didn’t book a good wedding ceremony venue in Melbourne well in advance? Your photos might not have the best background/environment in them. Didn’t get a chance to test trial the wedding cake? You and your guests may not be in for a delicious surprise…
To ensure that you don’t come across any nasty surprises or issues on your wedding day, it’s highly essential that you prepare well in advance, for each and every single aspect of your wedding. The more time you have to plan and prepare for the wedding, the less chance there is for things to go wrong. Take a look below the image for more information on planning for your special day.
What is there to prepare for?
As mentioned above, the list of things you’ll have to plan and organize for your wedding seems endless. There are so many attributes to a wedding that it can definitely seem overwhelming at first. Your best bet is to list everything and anything you can think of that you want to be a part of your wedding, and go from there. Here are some of the most important components:
- Catering – Nibbles and dinner
- Attire – For the bride, groom and wedding party
- Flowers – For decorations and for the bridal party
- Invitations – The invites to the wedding as well as the ‘thank you’ and ‘save the date’ cards
- Decorations – For the ceremony and reception
These are the main things that need to be sorted for a wedding – it’s recommended that you prepare, plan and book for these first, and then worry about the other components later on.
In this particular Guide, we will discuss all things wedding gear – this includes the bridal gown, bridesmaid dresses, groom’s suit and groomsmen’s suits. There are many things to keep in mind when organizing the wedding gear – read through this guide to find out what these things are.
The first step to planning the wedding gear…
Like the majority of other parts to the wedding, the first thing you’ll need to decide on before starting the search for any wedding gear is the budget. Generally, the bride and groom will have a few options for this…
- Bride and groom pay – whether it’s to buy or rent, many brides and grooms are happy to (and have the budget to) pay for the wedding attire of their wedding party
- Bridesmaids and grooms pay – if the budget is very limited, the bride and groom can ask for their wedding party to pay for their own wedding gear. Keep in mind that if this is the route you choose, you may not get to choose the exact look and style of the gear (the wedding party won’t be prepared to fork out big bucks for a dress they may never wear again!)
Once you’ve made this decision, you can start the search for wedding gear.